Sunday, October 19, 2014

Helpful Keyboard Shortcuts For Beginning Graphic Designers

When I first started using Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign I never used shortcuts. I spent a lot of time looking for tools than I did actually using them. It wasn't until my professor did a class demonstration that I finally understood how much time I wasted not using shortcuts.

Here are a few shortcuts I find myself using frequently:


Photoshop

  • V - Move
  • C - Crop
  • T - Text
  • W - Magic Wand/Quick Selection
  •  Z - Zoom


Illustrator
  • V - Selection 
  • A - Direct Selection
  • T- Text
  • Command, Shift, O - Create (text) Outlines
  • P - Pen



InDesign
  • V - Selection
  • A- Direct Selection
  • Shift, P - Page Tool
  • T - Text
  • Command, D - Place


*Rule of thumb when it comes to keyboard shortcuts, if you use a tool more than once during a project memorize the shortcut.*

No comments:

Post a Comment